Tuesday, October 27, 2009

News News News News Newsssss

I’ve been reading the New York Times for quite some time now. Every time that I get on to read some articles I am always drawn to certain articles pertaining things that I am fond of. Articles that usually stand out are those that are on headline news. These stories generally have something to do with current events or political discussions (health care reform or what should be done in the Middle East). I believe these stories catch my attention just because they are one of the hottest topics that are talked about a lot in our society. With that being said I try to read these stories so that I can be civically involved. The only problem with this is that I generally miss the other stories that relate to politics or other agendas that I am not so fond of talking about. Politics is one topic that I was never really well versed on and has much to it. Since I already don’t know much about it and I never talk about it I never seem to read any articles that are about politics and who says what and who wants what. Since I have been reading the New York Times my attitude towards many topics has changed. Before I didn’t really care about debates that happened that concerned political related things. Now that I do have some knowledge on the topic I always get involved in the discussion. One thing that I do feel like that should be changed is how I feel about not reading enough. Sometimes colleagues will discuss something that appeared on the news the night before. When you have no clue about what they were talking about generally you would get the urge to get online and keep reading the news until your brain hurts. But in reality the right thing to be done was to accept the fact that we will never know enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment