Over the past few weeks I have been writing on this blog for this class’s purposes. After reading articles dealing with different topics coming from different sides of the argument you sometimes just want to argue against those articles and say how much you dislike the writer. Blogging has been my way of channeling out my feelings for these things. It simply surprises me how easy it is for me to blog out all of my feelings in a sitting without having to think too much. At the beginning of this assignment, I thought that 250 words would take a little bit of time to come up with. But after going through blogs I realized that it really isn’t that hard to write 250 words and that really 250 words can only get your basic ideas down. Had there would have been a 250 word limit, I believe that this assignment would have been much much harder just because we would have to condense all of our feelings to a short paragraph.
One thing that I would regrettably like to share is that my writing and reading habits haven’t changed dramatically over the period of this assignment (however this should be a given for the short amount of time we have done this). My internet readings are still mainly focused on entertainment and social things, and when I do read articles on CNN and the New York Time I still pick and choose what I want to read. Though what I read hasn’t really changed, I do have a greater appreciation for longer written out articles. Instead of simply skimming these I now try to read the entire thing getting the entire picture. I would like to also add that I do believe my style of writing has changed a slight bit. I say this because I feel like my writing is now a little bit more aggressive. To readers of my blogs, you all might not agree. However, I personally believe that I now can express my feelings a lot better. One thing I would have wished for is for more interaction from readers with our blogs. Getting small comments is nice but it would have been better if there was more of a conversational based response to the blogs.
Either way I believe that this blogging assignment has been a lot of fun and very good for me. I just wish that I would be able to remember the fact that these blogs are due at 11 am…. a day before the actual class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that blogging was a way to channel out the feelings about the articles we read and I also agree that 250 words goes by really fast.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good post. Sometimes, I just want to rant about how ridiculous the articles are and list everything about their pieces that are incorrect. I understand what you say about reading the articles on CNN and NY Times. It's easy to just pick the ones you want to read and ignore everything else.
ReplyDeleteI agree! 250 words is really limiting. What is that, like two paragraphs? How can you possibly support what you are trying to say in response to these articles in two short paragraphs?
ReplyDeleteI think it is okay that your writing style is becoming more aggressive. Better aggressive than wishy-washy.
This reads as an honest post, Daniel. I would be surprised if your internet reading and writing habits did much change over this short period. A greater appreciation for longer writing is good thing. And, like you, I would prefer to see more interaction on here. I was glad that this post generated some comments.
ReplyDelete